Thursday, November 11, 2010

Windowpane Scrap Square


I couldn't sleep and am currently sick of the pattern stitch on a wrap I am working on for a christmas gift. It's going to be beautiful, but right now I've reached that point where I feel like I am never going to finish it. So I dipped into my scrap yarn and decided to work up something I could finish. I have a ton of this yarn, so I will probably be showing a lot of my squares in these colors for a while.
Materials:
J hook and small amounts ww yarn
Finished size: approximately 6"
With color A, ch 5, join with slip st to form a ring.
RND1: Ch 3, (counts as first dc), 2 dc in ring; (ch 2, 3 dc in ring) 3 times, ch 2, join with a slip st to top of ch 3. Finish off.
RND2: Join color B with a dc in first dc after any ch-2 sp; ch 1, skip next dc, dc in next dc; *(3dc, ch 2, 3dc) in next ch 2 sp, dc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, dc in next dc, Repeat from * around, join with slip st to first dc, finish off.
RND3: Join color A with dc in any ch-2 sp, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in same sp; *hdc in next 4 dc, dc in ch-1 sp, hdc in next 4 dc** (3 dc, ch2, 3 dc) in next ch-2 sp, Repeat from * around, ending at **, join with slip st to first dc, finish off.
RND4: Join color B with dc in any ch-2 sp, ch 2, dc in same sp; * dc in next 3 dc, ch 3, skip next 4 hdc, dc in next dc, ch 3, skip next 4 hdc, dc in next 3 dc,** (dc, ch 2, dc) in next ch-2 sp, Repeat from * around, ending at **, join with a slip st to first dc.
RND5: Ch 1, sc in same st, (sc, ch 2, sc) in next ch-2 sp, *sc in next 4 dc, 3 sc in next ch-3 sp, sc in next dc, 3 sc in next ch-3 sp, sc in next 4 dc** (sc, ch 2, sc) in next ch-2 sp, Repeat from * around, ending at **, join with slip st to first sc, finish off. Weave in ends.

3 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. I was looking for a nice and simple design that looked somewhat elegant and this is it. Once I buy the yarn I am going to make a at least two blankets out of this. Thank you very much ^_^ If I get this done would you like pictures of the end result?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks! I would love pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh, I know that feeling all too well. I recently got addicted to making tiny earrings with size 10 thread to break the monotony of big projects. It also gives me something to do during those long stretches of time when I can't afford yarn.
    Might give this pattern a try to see how it looks in size 10 nylon thread. I've been trying to come up with something square.

    ReplyDelete